The Matrix Marketing Blog has over 30,000 subscribers. We’re always looking for more bright contributors to join our community.
If you have excellent writing and/or design skills and would like to share your expertise with a large audience of marketers, C-level, SEOs, growth hackers, and business owners, we’d love to hear from you.
Please take some time to review this entire page — it should answer any question you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
The Essentials for Every Post We Publish
Successful guest contributions are comprehensive, data-driven, and interesting posts that teach our readers something new about the world of business, marketing and sales.
We’re also interested in publishing any topic that marketers care about, which includes things like startups, email, content marketing, product development, social media, SEO, SEM, PPC, hiring, team development, job hunting, writing, design, and larger internet trends, among other things related to sales, marketing. and business management.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Content that is educational — think of a how-to guide, thought leadership, or stories.
- What can you teach others?
- What can you teach that is different from what has already been published? Something unique.
- Please write content that is industry specific. If you work in the SaaS industry or sell third-wave coffee relate it back to that industry. People love this. [Our list of industries]
- What can you write that will establish you as a true authority in an industry or market?
- Break down the steps people can follow, screenshots are great teaching tools.
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- The article reflects the writing style/tone of our blog. We aim to be casual, yet helpful, and typically we stay away from buzzwords and jargon. There is just too much of that going around.
- Be sure to use proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post.
- We love long-form content. Articles and posts should be 2,000 words or more (no fluff).
- Avoid the basics people already know. Avoid general theorizing on abstract subjects and basic, obvious tips. Our audience is not new to the digital marketing field.
- One backlink per post to your website, please.
We Won’t Accept
There are some things we simply can’t accept:
- Anything that’s been covered on our blog before. Please do a search of our site before submitting your articles.
- Opinion-based or editorial articles remember, teach — tips, strategies, steps to follow, etc.
- Hard to read articles with many grammatical errors will not be considered.
- Articles that offer no value writers should read our blog & see what works with our audience.
- What we have already seen repeatedly what is your twist on something that is already known?
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme (Blackhat stuff).
- Anything that’s too promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.